Techs On The Move's commitment to maintaining your privacy
Techs On The Move's (TOTM) Privacy Statement has been created because we value our users and recognise their right to keep personal information private. This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you disclose to TOTM through your use of any products on the site (as defined below), including but not limited to, becoming a Registered User, creating a TOTM Profile.
Where used in this Privacy Statement, the terms “personal information”, and “Australian Privacy Principle(s)” have the meaning attributed to those terms in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (“Privacy Act”). This Privacy Statement has been prepared by Gavin Stocks Consulting Pty Ltd (ACN 141 480 837 (“TOTM”). TOTM owns and operates the website located at www.techsonthemove.com.au (across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps and including any subdomains) (“the Site”). This Privacy Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Site.
In this Privacy Statement:
- any reference to “TOTM”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to Gavin Stocks Consulting Pty Ltd and each of TOTM's related entities;
- "Clients" refers to individuals or entities that utilise our site or use other services to source potential skilled candidates “Registered Client Users” refers to Clients who register on the site
- "Candidates" refers to users of the site and “Registered Candidate Users” refers to Candidates who register on the site;
- Candidates, Clients and users who otherwise subscribe for TOTM products, services or information offered via the site are referred to generically in this Statement as “visitors”, "users" or "you", unless the context provides that only Registered Candidate users, or Registered Client Users are being referred to;
Collecting information on TOTM visitors
TOTM collects non-personal information on site visits by users including, without limitation, which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information, and may be shared with TOTM partners to provide them with information relating to how TOTM visitors 'use' the Site. This is done for the purpose of providing clients with the best resources available, and in the most efficient manner possible
TOTM's web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Site.
Third Party Measurement
In order to better understand our users, TOTM utilises third party measurement companies to assess site and mobile site traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the site:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the site;
- The number of unique visitors to the site;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the site when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into the site.
This aggregated, non-personal information is collated and provided to TOTM to assist in analysing the usage of the site. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Collecting information on Registered Users
As part of registering with TOTM, we collect personal information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of TOTM's services. To do this it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to TOTM.
Becoming a Registered User allows you to take advantage of more of the tools, services and resources that may assist you, whether you are an employer seeking a suitable candidate or a candidate searching for a new job and potentially seeking sponsorship. To become a Registered User you will need to submit some personal information including your name and email address.
TOTM will use this information in order to customise the service we provide to you.
Other information TOTM may collect
TOTM may also collect and use information about your job needs, characteristics and priorities by collecting and analysing data about how you use, or interact with, the products and services offered on the site (including, by way of example, usage patterns. TOTM may use this information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, including without limitation to better tailor TOTM’s offerings to your job needs and to provide more targeted services to Clients.
Where TOTM is assisting you in relation to a migration outcomes, all your files are stored securely and to comply with the MARA code of conduct. This will however be detail separately in a service agreement
Storing resumes or details of personal employment history
Registered Candidate Users are required to submit personal employment and professional training / qualification information on the Site where it will be stored expressly for the purpose of attracting the interest of prospective employers (Clients) assessing their suitability as potential employees. This may take the form of CVs, resumes, any data entered directly into relevant fields within the Site, certificates, transcripts, awards, or any other materials deemed advantageous in the task of job seeking or professional promotion . Backups will be kept secure and identifiable. Deleted records may still be stored by TOTM in testing or backup systems for a period of time. Where resumes are held in testing environments, these are held in closed and secure environments and information is only used for the purpose of internal software testing. Information held in backup systems is only held for the purposes of backing up systems in the event of a data loss.
A TOTM Profile can include a resume, employment and educational history, contact details, salary expectations, and preferred job classifications and locations. You may populate this information on your TOTM Profile or the information may be automatically populated using answers to questions you have provided as part of a consultation or through the registration process. Registered Clients are able to search TOTM's Profile database to find and contact relevant candidates. Upon registration, all Registered Users will be asked to create a personal TOTM Profile ('TOTM Profile') by providing some key information and selecting one of the privacy settings outlined below. Candidates without TOTM Profiles will also be required to create a TOTM Profile when they first complete a registration on the site.
Below are details on how your Profile is shared (if any) with Clients based on the following privacy settings:
- Your Profile including an unidentifiable resume and casting video will be visible to the subscribing Clients through our candidate pool;
- Registered Clients may request to contact you via a Candidate Pool or through direct contact using details supplied by you through the registration process or subsequent to that process. Alternatively, a TOTM team member may facilitate this contact through direct means;
- All information provided by you when creating a TOTM Profile (including your name, resume, email address, telephone numbers, employment and educational history) may be used by TOTM for the purpose of improving job opportunities for you or for tailoring specific products to you.
- You may request to have your TOTM Profile cleared. However, cleared TOTM Profiles may still be stored by TOTM in testing or backup systems for a period of time. TOTM reserves the right to disable or clear a TOTM Profile at its sole discretion (for example if information is found or believed to be untrue or being stored for improper purposes). Where TOTM takes such action, we will delete and no longer hold your information.
Candidate Online Applications
Making an online application to become a registered user and attain further information, including arranging an initial consultation, is free. Once you’re ready to join our candidate pool, there is a one-off consultation/casting fee). All Fees are detailed in a separate fee schedule which is subject to amendment without notice. Online applications require Candidates to complete mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, telephone number and email) so that Registered Clients can identify and contact the applicant. When first applying to become a registered user, candidates who do not have a TOTM Profile will also be required to create a TOTM Profile based on the information contained in their application. Registered Users will also have the option of easily attaching a saved resume. When you apply to become a registered user on the site, applications, including attachments and cover letters, are:
- Made available to TOTM clients through our candidate pool.
- By registering as a user with TOTM you are authorising TOTM to pass the information you provide to the relevant clients and/or their nominated representative.
- Following initial contact between a client and candidate, any discussions about a prospective position should be directly discussed between these two parties and without TOTM’s involvement unless requested, as we will not be privy to these developments.
- At the point when a contract or letter of offer is exchanged between the client and candidate, it is the registered client’s (or their agent’s) responsibility to supply a copy of this contract or letter of offer to TOTM.
- Upon the candidate’s acceptance, TOTM will consult with both parties to advise on further actions required dependent on circumstances of candidate location and migration status.
- TOTM will also retain this information in order to customise the service we provide to Candidates.
- TOTM reserves the right to disable or delete a saved resume or cover letter at its discretion.
TOTM collects the company name, business address and billing address of Clients, as well as ABNs and credit card / bank account information as supplied. It also collects the name, email address and phone number of a primary contact (also referred to on the site as the ‘administrator’). Clients can choose to add additional users to their account, in which case TOTM will collect the name and email address of those other users. Clients can change any other details by by emailing email@example.com. TOTM uses these details to manage your account, including client liaison, and organising payment and invoicing of the account. Clients may further consent through standard use of the site to the posting of other promotional information, either self-authored or generated and published by TOTM as required.
Communications from TOTM
TOTM may also provide you with selected information about job opportunities and migration-related topics in email communications, including in our email newsletter. From time to time TOTM may also contact you by telephone. TOTM may also make Registered Users aware of additional products and services which form part of your relationship with TOTM.
TOTM may also disclose your personal information to TOTM's service providers and contractors from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting us to deliver the products and services we offer to you.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
TOTM takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. TOTM allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date, or we will do this on your behalf following written notice where such access is not available to you as a function of our site, or where a designated administrator is not on hand. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers, either in Australia or overseas that are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information held by TOTM. Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your personal information, TOTM will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. In the event of a data breach, TOTM is committed to comply in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws including the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (Cth). You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Access to Your Information
Unless you become a Registered User, or send us an online enquiry, TOTM does not collect information that identifies you personally. Any user is able to at any time request that TOTM deletes any personal information held by us. Candidates who are in direct contact with a client from this site are also able to request their personal information directly from those clients.
Sometimes, we transfer or disclose information to third parties including to persons and businesses outside Australia including in New Zealand, United States of America, Ireland and United Kingdom. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services, and/or to improve the products and services we offer you we offer you. Where we transfer information to persons outside Australia we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to that information.
Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the TOTM website
TOTM welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Site. TOTM stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with TOTM partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed. If you have any complaints about our dealings with your personal information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone or post using the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” paragraph below. Any complaints received by us will be referred to our compliance team for prompt investigation and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible. Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of any complaints made you are able to TOTM further redress through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
Privacy & Site Changes
From time to time, TOTM may review and update its Privacy Statement. Revised versions will be made available on the Site.
If you have any feedback or questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with TOTM, you can contact us in the following ways:
Phone: 02 9550 0879
Post: PO Box 59, Westgate, NSW 2048, Australia
Provision of Copy of Privacy Statement
If you require a hard copy of this Privacy Statement or a copy in some other format to suit your particular needs please contact us using any of the methods detailed in the “Contact Us” paragraph above, and we will arrange for a suitable copy to be provided to you.
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you. TOTM is a data controller and processor for the purposes of the GDPR and by your consenting to this Privacy Statement TOTM is able to processes your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Our Contact details are set out in the “Contact Us” paragraph above. In providing its services to you, TOTM may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Data and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing recommended job opportunities to you through email communication, and on the Site.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
- update or rectify any of the Personal Data that we hold about you, in the manner described in the “Access to Your Information” paragraph above.
- withdraw your consent to TOTM’s use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement by deleting your account. This will also delete all the Personal Data about you which we hold. This can be done by accessing the Site, logging in to your account and accessing the ‘Settings’ section.
- request that TOTM
- provides you with a copy of the Personal Data TOTM holds about you in a portable and machine readable form; or
- share your Personal Data with a nominated third party;
you may request that from us by contacting us using any of the methods set out in the “Contact Us” paragraph above. Should you have any concerns in relation to TOTM’s collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, then in addition to the process set out in the “Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the TOTM website“ set out above (including the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner), you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).